Monday, September 15, 2008

The Skwiggee



Lately, I've been noticing little acts of vandalism in our yard. Last week it was one of the melons that we're growing plucked from the vine and chewed up in our river rock. This week it's been half eaten cherry tomatoes and smashed crabapples laying around. Then today some of the dirt in one of our potted plants was scattered all over the porch. I knew something was going on. At about 3:30 I heard the girls shrieking with delight at the front door. Ella is yelling, "Mommy!! Look at the Skwiggee!!" I go and I see the Skwiggee eating the heads off my cute purple vincas and digging the dirt out of another pot. I thought for sure that 3 people, two of whom were screaming, would scare Skwiggee the chipmunk away, but no, the little pest actually scratched at the window next to the front door. And as he looked in the window I could swear he was laughing at me, as if to say, "I'm so cute, you know you'll never do anything to me". And Skwiggee you'd be right.

No comments: