Thursday, September 18, 2008

Divine Indulgence

Today at Target I bought a bag of miniature York Peppermint Patties. Ella LOVES them and they were on sale. I couldn't resist. Ella had one patty after her lunch and I told her she could maybe have one later. I put them away in the "secret" candy hiding spot and then Caroline woke up. I went to get her out of the crib, leaving Ella (and the Peppermint Patties) downstairs. I took my time getting Caroline up and changing her diaper. When Caroline and I came downstairs I noticed that Ella was just finishing another piece of candy. I was surprised because the candy was hidden (I thought) and I didn't think Ella could open the little bags that they are wrapped in. I asked Ella, "How did you get that candy and open it?" Ella responded quickly and as casually as can be, "God helped me." I replied, "That was nice." To which she said, "Amen." Amen indeed.

No comments: