I made the mistake of letting Ella watch PART of the Wizard of Oz. She was enthralled, and ever since I have been bombarded with questions about all things Oz. Here is a sampling of some of her queries.
- Would the Wicked Witch of the West be mean to me?
- How old is Dorothy? (I say "She's 15") No, Mommy. She's 6, she just looks big, but she's 6.
- Why isn't Dorothy wearing an apron?
- How do you spell Toto?
- How does Glenda fly in the bubble?
- Where is Kansas? When can we go there?
- Why does Dorothy want to go back to Kansas? Because I think Munchkinland is prettier.
- Why didn't I get to see the Wizard?
- Why is the witch green? Did the munchkins paint her? Weren't they afraid?
- Why are they saying "ding dong the witch is dead"?
- How big are the munchkins? I'm about as big as a munchkin. Can I live in Munchkinland?
And my personal favorite:
- If the witch is green, does she poop green?
This is just a sampling. I can only imagine the questions she would have come up with had I let her watch the whole thing.